NO AMOUNT OF THE FOLLOWING FOODS:
- Refined sugar
In this phase of your program, we will continue to remove foods that inhibit or outright
sabotage your efforts to lose weight, and emphasize the foods that support you in your efforts
to improve your health.
- No Grains – including gluten-free grains and rice with the following exception: you may have one 8 inch whole wheat or rice tortilla a day to make a veggie wrap or burrito (great for portability)
- No Fried Foods
- No Red Meat
- Nuts and seeds are okay to consume – please see directions for soaking seeds and nuts – no roasted nuts – hummus and tahini make great veggie dips
- Beans and lentils are allowed – no refried or baked beans
- Unlimited vegetables – raw or steamed – no corn or white potatoes
- Consume no more that one third the amount of fruit a day as vegetables – avoid bananas, dates, figs, raisins, canned fruit, dried fruit, and mangoes – no fruit juices
- Up to, but no more than, 2 ounces of organic dairy per day – no ice cream, sour cream or cream cheese
- Eat something every two hours, do not let yourself get hungry, during the program.
- When snacking, eat slowly and eat only enough to take your hunger away.
- Record everything that you eat and drink, and bring your journal to your next appointment.
- Make your own salad dressings – store bought dressings in most cases have additives and rancid, processed oils.
- Avoid tap water
- You can drink herbal, non-caffeinated herbal teas